Wednesday, March 21, 2018

The latest on Winter Storm Toby

I'm sure all my students are patiently waiting for this update wondering if they are going to have snow day #7 tomorrow. Well I will give you all the information I have found and then you decide.






First the timing: The snow may start around 11:00 am in our area but this will be light snow and will not stick to the road at the beginning. By 7pm the snow will start to get heavier and the steady snow will continue through early Thursday morning. I am now hearing that the snow may linger until 7 am Thursday.

Winds: we will be getting higher than usual winds in our area. so by now we all know that with heavy wet snow and high winds there is the chance of power outages. I will be prepared with flashlights, candles, lots of blankets, and a fully charged cell phone.

Snow amounts: Here are some of the maps that I found this morning.








according to these maps wbz, fox, and NBC all predict this area in the 8-12 inch range and the rest predict up to 8 inches.  Even 6 inches of this wet heavy snow can cause problems.










No comments: