Friday, January 22, 2016

Conflicting reports

This snow storm #Jonas is giving me a headache. Most places are reporting that the snow amounts in Massachusetts will not be that high, with 6 inches being the most forecasted for the southern most part of the state. I was finally accepting a small amount of snow (even though we all know I want LOTS) when I read that the NAM model has shifted the storm north and then the Euro model does the same meaning snow amounts can go up. Then Tony Petrarca posts this map on twitter.



He says the storm may linger around and we will get ocean enhanced snow. this map shows 11 inches in Boston and more than that south of the city. This was just posted and no one else has mentioned the amounts going up. NBC has the highest totals showing in the map below and every other meteorologist has lower amounts,



So I don't know what to think.  I am so confused???????????

The Canadian model (GGEM) shows Boston getting 5 - 7 inches and looks like our area is in the 10 inch range.



I guess we have to wait until the storm is on top of us before we know how much snow we are getting.

No comments: